Monday, June 13, 2011

No complaints.

Saturday should have been spent lounging by the pool but way too much "put off" time has made it impossible to leave the studio today. But.... No complaints! I glazed enough bisque for two full kiln loads and designed some new tumblers for my next show. Everything came out of the kiln Sunday afternoon and turned out beautifully! (I'll post a few pictures below.) Today (Monday) was spent getting some supplies and putting together some of my Hanging Posies to get on Etsy and into Matsons (One of the stores that sells my pottery) They turned out so nice! I think it takes me twice as long to put them together because I have to turn each one around in my hands and look at how the glaze and colors flow together. I just love these delicious little beauties! (Pictures coming tomorrow!)

But enough about work....

Most Mondays I bake my favorite oatmeal muffin recipe to eat each morning of the week. At night, sometimes I sit and think about eating it the next day with my coffee! I can't wait for breakfast. Although most days that doesn't motivate me to get up any earlier. This morning was a perfect morning to eat it out on the deck. Warm from the oven with strawberries and vanilla yogurt smothering this healthy, wonderful treat I trotted outside with all 4 animals following. With Addie at my feet, Oscar in the wicker chair across from me, Trixie on the deck below by the pool and Alice on the deck railing; I sat there and marveled at the fact that I had the privilege to sit in the sun and enjoy this perfect scene. I spoke out loud to The One Who Always Listens. I thanked Him. It's been a long time since I truly enjoyed the morning. I knew my next step would be into my favorite place to work and create things that make me smile. And today I get to open my kiln....Christmas morning every time!

xo ~Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment