Sunday, June 26, 2011

Meeting a Friend

There is a connection to my art work. Each piece that is created holds a little bit of my heart. I almost feel as though it's fired right in the many glazes that put color in each pressed crevice of the old relics used to make each impression.

This week I sold my Sea Star and Pebble posy Pocket and one of my Ruffle Bowls. They are flying all the way to Norway! But that isn't the exciting part....The exciting part how the handmade can connect two separate souls. I am happy when I create...I want to pass that happiness on in each bowl...each posy pocket...each pair of earrings... whatever it may be. I felt the wet clay, rolled it, pressed beauty into it; waited for it to dry; carried it to the kiln for the first firing and felt it warm out of the kiln in my hands. I chose the glazes and layered them on, excited for the next opening of the kiln. It really is like Christmas every time I open that kiln after the last firing... I can't wait! Again, I remove it feeling the warmth and seeing the color and nuance I carry it to my garden and take pictures of it. I go through each picture and just stare at the puddles of color. I post it on Etsy. Someone buys it. It is time for someone else to feel the warmth. To experience the joy.

I want you to read the words from Kristin, This is what a sale is all about. She touched my heart.

"About the everyday-life posy, it's ok she's gonna go to another home:). She's the one that first wow'ed me, and made me find your site. She's a capture of gazes! But then i noticed her little sister:) They are both so very beautiful, but the reason why i picked little sister over everyday posy, is that she has some kind of shyness, and still she is a real little beauty (personifying a little bit here, I know;-) Imagine the adventure she's gonna have, traveling overseas:-) I'll be here, welcoming her! I'm sure the Norwegian flowers will suit her! Really happy about choosing her!"

'nuff said. My little girls are off on an adventure... dressed in their very best.

Hugs,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment